Rockin' on Heaven's Door
"Life is short. At times, it is even shorter compared to others. So create special moments with those that you truly care for."
This movie really left a mark in my life because this is not your typical movie. We are all familiar with a storyline wherein there is this bad boy who changes because of a girl. But in this movie, this bad boy not just because of a girl but also because of life and the realization of the importance of life because of the people he met. This movie teaches you that sometimes you need to learn to let go of things to make it easier for you and for the other party.
Plot:
Chung-ui is a famous Korean pop star with a temper. After he beats up a man at a night club, he is sentenced to do community service at a hospice for terminally ill patients. The reluctant young man first hates his chores and dislikes the people around him, but as he gets to know their stories, he becomes attached to them. The hospice struggles with funding, leading to a possible close-down, so the hospice in-house band, The Phoenix Band decides to apply to a talent show on television. For this, they need an original song, so they ask Chung-ui to help them. The singer refuses at first, then tries to use the opportunity to reduce his sentence days. He ends up seriously changing his mind about music, his behaviour and grows to accept his mother's death, while helping the patients achieve their dreams. Even after the death of the band members, he continues to revive The Phoenix Band each time, assisting new patients.
What I Like:
At first I was really hesitant to watch this movie because I wasn't familiar with the actors but as I finally watched it and continued watching it I fell in love with them.The storyline was amazing and it really reached my heart. Although there was this certain protagonist in the movie, the life of the patients surrounding him made as great of an impact as his. The acting of the actors portraying the lives of the patients were so realistic that I was so touched by the story and it brought tears to my eyes. The romance between the protagonist and a patient was subtle yet it was still in a way, heartbreaking. One more thing, the lives of the patients gives you an idea of the struggles and regrets in life that makes you realize how important to live everyday of your lives to the most of your abilities.
What I Did Not Like:
I have no complaints or whatsoever with the movie. Even though it broke my heart over and over again, I enjoyed the movie even until the very last scene.
Ratings:
5/5

Walang komento:
Mag-post ng isang Komento